Sunday, October 22, 2006
Widener seeking new director of health law program
Widener University School of Law (Wilmington, DE campus) is seeking an experienced teacher and scholar to direct our nationally prominent Health Law Institute. Administrative experience is also desirable, but not necessarily required. The Director will be responsible for working with other health law faculty and administrative staff to develop new initiatives that can move the Institute forward. Among the expected responsibilities will be:* planning conferences and symposia;
* creating new externship opportunities and expanding existing relations;
* working with the development office to identify and pursue granting and other giving opportunities;
* continuing to produce a high level of important scholarship;
* demonstrating leadership skills that will inspire other faculty members to engage fully in the Institute’s mission;
* teaching primarily health law courses (with a reduced teaching load).
Although candidates with backgrounds in any area of health law will be considered, we are especially interested in candidates who specialize in the financial and transactional aspects of health law and health care. A secondary area of interest is public health law. We are committed to increasing and improving the diversity of our faculty. Accordingly, we strongly urge members of historically excluded or disadvantaged groups to apply. Please direct replies to Professor John Culhane at: firstname.lastname@example.org.